If you’re going through hell, keep going

Author: Winston Churchill

Translation: If you’re going through hell, keep going

No matter how hard it is, you must keep going. What are your options? Quitting? Giving up? Is that what you are made of? Are you just another loser… are you that weak? You disgust me.

Nobody will push you in life at some point, your parents give up when you get older, thinking you’re mature enough to handle your own life. Everyone is too caught up with their own life to worry about your success.

We all have this point in life that seems like there is no way out. Like a solution is out of reach. The only thing left is faith. Without faith, there is nothing. With faith – there is hope. Hope alone won’t settle our hardships though. But action will.

Tried everything? Try again. And again, and again. Until you find a solution. When you think you tried everything, change your approach, change your perspective. Look at it from a different angle. Hit it harder! Do whatever you can just don’t stop. Keep going, because if you can stick in there long enough – eventually, things change for the better.

Look at Churchill, he is proof of his own quote. England, and entire Europe were going through HELL. Did he give up? Did he stop? No. He didn’t. And his spirit infected the entire nation to keep on fighting, and fighting and fighting until Victory. Keep going, head high, stronger than ever. Either life conquers you or you conquer life. There is no gray zone. Rise up to the challenges of your life because nobody else will do it for you.

Promise to yourself that you simply will not quit. You’ll keep on going whatever life throws at you. You will never be a victim because you believe in your ability to win. Only with a winning attitude you can tackle challenges correctly, solve them faster, easier, smarter. When you approach a problem knowing that your pain tolerance is low, you are destined to lose – you put yourself in a position that simply makes you lose from start.

Instead, have an iron will – a definite decision that you will manage. You will surpass any difficulties that life throws at you – and you will.

I went through hell many times in my life, and I found that in these, most difficult moments, I learn more about myself than ever before. When in HELL you learn about yourself. You learn about life. You learn about who your real friends are. You learn about love. You learn what you are made of and you challenge yourself.

Either you fall… or you rise up to the challenges of life and become stronger than you ever thought possible. You discover hidden strenghts in your character that you did not know exist until you were confronted with hell.

Hell is good because it makes you grow at a pace that is unexpected, unreal – way out of ordinary. When things are good, you don’t grow – your brain is relaxed, there is no need to think and act fast; there is no need to find solutions out of nowhere and fight for survival, so your mind gets lazy, you start losing your grip.

I’m not saying it’s good to be in hell – but if it wasn’t for HELL, I would never experience heaven. If it wasn’t for hell, I would never achieve what I did. And I believe many of us have similar experiences.

The most profound growth comes when it’s burning under our feet. When we either drown or rise. When it’s a question of life or death – choose life! Keep going and don’t give up, because no matter how hard it may seem to you now – there IS light at the end of the tunnel.

You just have to open yourself up to it. You have to push yourself harder. You have to have faith, even when a solution is nowhere near sight. A path shall be created. An opportunity will present itself when you are ready, when you are open for it, otherwise you won’t see it. And when it does present itself – GRAB IT and hold on to it. Make it happen no matter what.

Often the solution to hell is right in front of your eyes, you just can’t see it from all the stress and negativity. Maybe you secretly don’t want to see it? Maybe you like your suffering? Think about it.

Right now it’s hard for me to write about this quote because I am not in a “hell” zone myself. I was strong enough to KEEP GOING when hell was loose, and I got out of it, I conquered it all and now I run my own show. I could have given up… I could have trown in the towel and now my life would be different. I’m glad I didn’t. I’m glad that I am the strongest when life is the hardest.

If life is too easy for you – you will get lazy, your mind won’t grow, you’ll get too comfortable – and when hell comes around (and it will!) you won’t be strong enough to survive it. Put yourself in situations where you can grow. Challenge yourself every day. Every day surprise yourself by doing something you thought you couldn’t! This is what will make you stronger and ready for anything life brings.

Just now I went running… I never run. I decided how much I’ll run and every step I wanted to quit. But I kept going. Again, my body was saying “stop” but my mind knew I could run a few more laps. I kept running. Faster. I knew that if I quit, I would be a failure in my own eyes and I did not want that to happen no matter what. I had a goal that I decided to achieve no matter how hard it was.

My heart was pumping and the more it hurt, the faster I ran. I made it to the end, almost fell on the ground. I looked up in the sky and knew I did something good, I kept going even though I tought of quitting at least 20 times, but the more I ran the more motivated I was to finish the last lap. In the end… those little things, the details, make all the difference. That one extra lap is the difference between the good and the best, the best and the greatest and the legends. I will make that extra lap in every aspect of my life. You should too.

And now I’ll go take a shower because I stink from the sweat…

Jack